About Me Professionally:
* I am the K-8 Curriculum Coordinator in Oconomowoc Area School District in Wisconsin.
* My responsibilities include: guiding curriculum initiatives, ensuring curriculum is implemented with fidelity, facilitate district reading team meetings, communicate and organize district assessments, facilitate grade level meetings, supporting the implementation of literacy curriculum, RtI and Title 1 coordinating, data analysis, coach and co-teach, new teacher training, district-wide professional development
* I am a literacy consultant- I facilitate multiple day workshops in the summer, as well as professional development during the school year and on weekends.
* I am an ad hoc instructor for the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh in the Literacy and Language department.
* I am a former Reading Specialist, 6th grade teacher, 5th grade teacher, and ELL teacher.
* I went to the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point for my undergrad in Elementary Education and Teaching English Language Learners.
* I received my masters from Concordia University-Wisconsin and achieved my Reading Teacher license and Reading Specialist license.
* I completed an administrative license- Principal / C&I
* I value new experiences and challenges that will help me grow personally and professionally.
* I enjoy collaborating and learning with others.
* I am passionate about Reading and Writing Workshop and believe in the power of teaching students to be deliberate in their reading work, writing work, and in life.
About me Personally:
* I am a wife and a mom.
* I love to read and write.
* I enjoy spending time with family and friends.
* My favorite and most productive time of the day is in the morning.
* Coffee, giggling, and shopping are some of my favorite things.
* I love to talk and get to know people.
* I am very goal-oriented in all aspects of my life... I need to remind myself to slow down sometimes.
* Life is good. I am blessed.